Why can’t I place a trade?
There are several reasons why this could happen, see below for each:
- Direct accounts have unique symbols to trade on, they are not immediately shown when first logging into an account. These symbols are designated by the suffix .i (dot i). Standard forex pairs are not available on Direct accounts and vice versa. To show all available tradable symbols, right-click in the market watch area of the platform > select ‘show all’
- Not enough margin, this means the account does not have sufficient equity to open the desired position volume. In this instance, opening a new position will require additional account funding or a reduction of open position exposure.
- If the trade is a pending order, several conditions must be met:
- Entry price must be set at least 3 pips (30 points) away from the current market price;
- Stop losses and take profits must be set at least 3 pips (30 points) away from the entry price;
- Buy limit orders are placed below market price;
- Buy stop orders are placed above market price;
- Sell limit orders are placed above market price;
- Sell stop orders are placed below market price.
- For compliance purposes, sometimes an account will be placed on read-only until we have spoken with the account holder over the phone.
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
100% of people found this helpful.